Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A quick hello


I grew up with a home builder as a father. That meant that our house was never finished. I had to ask that he finish trimming my bedroom window for my 16th birthday present. The house was built before I was born. It seems that the job that men do all day is the last thing they want to do when they get home. I am finding this to be true with Hubs as well. He works on computers all day.
 So, when my computer stopped letting me upload photos to blogger (and facebook and emails) I asked him to fix it. That was over a week ago. It's still not fixed.
So.... that means you will have to settle for a quick instagram iphone pic of the Bourbon Red turkeys from last week, their first day out on pasture.
 They settled into their new space nicely. They've been snacking on grasses, bugs and other pasture goodies for a week and are looking great. I am always amazed by how quickly animals change in appearance when they go from the confinement of a brooder to the open space of pasture.
 
 
 
 
 
 
There's lots going on here and I am so excited to fill you in just as soon as I can get those darn photos uploaded. Until then, some lovely turkey love to get you by.  I am reminded everyday how blessed we are to live on this beautiful piece of the Earth. I hope today finds you somewhere just as lovely.


No comments:

Post a Comment